Dear friends, partners, guests,
As the worldwide crisis caused by the Coronavirus (Covid-19) pandemic continues to unfold, we face the reality that travel has changed as we used to know it, and we take this matter seriously in order to protect our guests and our staff.
We are sharing detailed information here on health and safety standards we now operate under, as well as local tourism information on arrival protocols and new departure protocols required by the CDC.
REOPENING and ACHIEVING GOLD STANDARD CERTIFICATION
We reopened on November 1, 2020 achieving the Belize Tourism Board’s Gold Standard Certification (a stringent program focused on enhancing hotel and restaurant cleaning, health, and safety standards as well as operating procedures to ensure safe traveling with minimal impact to the guest experience. Those standards can be found here.
BELIZE ARRIVAL PROTOCOLS
Any traveler is permitted to visit Belize at this time.
The Belize Health App and updated information on all protocol requirements which are subject to change is found here.
CDC REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL AIR PASSENGERS ARRIVING INTO THE US (EVEN FOR USA CITIZENS)
All air passengers traveling into the US, regardless of vaccination or antibody status, are required to provide a negative COVID-19 test result or documentation of recovery. We highlight some important information below:
Test Time Frame:
- If you are flying on a connecting flight into the USA, the 3-days test period begins from the minute your first flight departs to the USA - but only if all connecting flights are in the same record. If they are not, you need your test to be valid within 3 days of each flight segment.
- If you are flying out of the country for less than 3 days you can take a test in the USA before you depart and use it for your return or take a rapid test before your return flight
- If your flight is delayed past the 3-day window you must take another test to board your flight.
- Both PCR and rapid antigen tests will be acceptable.
- Kids under 2 years do not need proof of a test.
- Documentation of Recovery within 3 months - if you recovered from Covid you do not have to test if you present both proof that you tested positive in the past 3 months before your flight and have finished required isolation, along with a letter from your doctor stating that you are cleared for travel.
Airlines must confirm negative test results for all passengers before boarding.
- Airlines must deny boarding of passengers if they do not provide documentation of a negative test or recovery.
- This applies to both commercial and private flights.
Complete details on CDC International travel guidelines are found here
Given the Center of Disease Control and Prevention in the U.S. has expanded the requirement for a negative COVID-19 test to all air passengers entering the United States, (even for connecting flights to other countries and including all American Citizens), beginning January 26, we share the information with you on how testing can be easily provided here in Belize.
Our Hideaways are offering on-site testing before you depart!
Please do not hesitate to email our front desk colleagues with any further questions to arrange for your testing. We'll be back to you within 24 hours of your email.
We continue to collaborate as a group of hospitality minded individuals and work in concert with our colleagues to refine our offerings. If you have stayed with us before or are a partner we’ve worked with in the past, you have come to know our reputation in delivering genuine, authentic and memorable guest experiences. Following our November 1 reopening, we have received glowing accolades from guests who have stayed with us for short stays and very long residency stays. We encourage you to read over recent reviews to see how safe and cared for guests thus far have felt.
Please be safe and be well.
Yes, extra nights may be added to any standard package including extensions to another one of our luxury hideaways. Please contact us directly for rates and availability.
We no longer host weddings at our hideaways. Feel free contact our staff for recommendations on alternate locations nearby.
Although we do not have rooms with interconnecting doors we do have two-bedroom, two-bathroom villas and family cabañas at Blancaneaux Lodge.
There is no air conditioning at Blancaneaux Lodge or Turtle Inn; however there are ceiling fans in all accommodations and public areas. Additional floor fans can be provided for your room. All casitas at La Lancha are air-conditioned.
Discounts may be available seasonally for those that book multiple hideaways within one itinerary. Please contact our vacation planning office.
Tours are generally public allowing us to offer tours at a value. Private tours are available by request, and a surcharge may apply. Transfers are normally quoted on a private basis for 1 to 4 persons.