Dear friends, partners, guests,
As the worldwide crisis caused by the Coronavirus (Covid-19) pandemic continues to unfold, we face the reality that travel has changed as we used to know it, and we take this matter seriously to protect our guests and our staff.
We are sharing detailed information here on health and safety standards we now operate under and local tourism information on arrival protocols and new departure protocols required by the CDC.
REOPENING and ACHIEVING GOLD STANDARD CERTIFICATION
We reopened on November 1, 2020 achieving the Belize Tourism Board’s Gold Standard Certification (a stringent program focused on enhancing hotel and restaurant cleaning, health, and safety standards as well as operating procedures to ensure safe traveling with minimal impact to the guest experience. Those standards can be found here.
BELIZE ARRIVAL PROTOCOLS
All travelers to Belize face three requirements
The app and updated information on all protocol requirement which are subject to change is found here.
NEW DEPARTURE TO OR THROUGH USA CDC REQUIREMENTS (EVEN FOR USA CITIZENS) – our hideaways offering on-site testing before you depart!
Given the Center of Disease Control and Prevention in the U.S. has expanded the requirement for a negative COVID-19 test to all air passengers entering the United States, (even for connecting flights to other countries and including all American Citizens), beginning January 26, we share the information with you on how testing can be easily provided here in Belize.
Important details to note on the testing offered in Belize:
- An appointment is required at least 48 hours in advance and can be offered on site at Turtle Inn for a cost of US75 per person and (at Blancaneaux Lodge for a cost of US$100 per person.)
- The results will be ready within 30 minutes and an electronic and printed copy will be provided.
- Payment may be made to Blancaneaux Lodge/Turtle Inn
Highlight information on CDC requirements:
Test Types - Both PCR and antigen tests will be acceptable.
- Kids under 2 years do not need proof of a test.
- Documentation of Recovery within 3 months - if you recovered from Covid you do not have to test if you present both proof that you tested positive in the past 3 months before your flight and have finished required isolation, along with a letter from your doctor stating that you are cleared for travel.
Enforcement: Airlines must confirm negative test results for all passengers before boarding.
- Airlines must deny boarding of passengers if they do not provide documentation of a negative test or recovery.
- This applies to both commercial and private flights.
Test Time Frame:
- If you are flying on a connecting flight into the USA, the 3-days test period begins from the minute your first flight departs to the USA - but only if all connecting flights are in the same record. If they are not, you need your test to be be valid within 3 days of each flight segment.
- If you are flying out of the country for less than 3 days you can take a test in the USA before you depart and use it for your return or take a rapid before your return flight
- If your flight is delayed past the 3-day window you must take another test to board your flight.
Complete details on CDC International travel guidelines are found here
Please do not hesitate to email our front desk colleagues with any further questions to arrange for your testing. We'll be back to you within 24 hours of your email.
We continue to collaborate as a group of hospitality minded individuals and work in concert with our colleagues to refine our offerings. If you have stayed with us before or are a partner we’ve worked with in the past, you have come to know our reputation in delivering genuine, authentic and memorable guest experiences. Following our November 1 reopening, we have received glowing accolades from guests who have stayed with us for short stays and very long residency stays. We encourage you to read over recent reviews to see how safe and cared for guests thus far have felt.
Please be safe and be well.
Yes, extra nights can be added to any standard package including extensions to another Family Coppola Hideaway. Please contact us directly for rates and availability.
We limit the wedding options at our hideaway in order to preserve the experience of our other leisure guests. If you are interested in buying out the entire hideaway for a wedding experience please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your request.
Although we do not have rooms with interconnecting doors, we do have two-bedroom, two-bathroom villas, and family cabanas at both of our Belize hideaways. It is also possible to have adjoining casitas at La Lancha.
Yes, all of our hideaways have complimentary wireless Internet access. Wi-Fi hot spots are located close to the reception and bar areas. For those traveling without a laptop, we have a desktop computer available for use in our reception area at our Belize Hideaways (Blancaneaux Lodge and Turtle Inn). Charges for use vary per location. Certain restrictions may apply.
Yes. Please email email@example.com to discover rewards and discounts for booking two or more of our hideaways in the same trip.
We are proud members of Pack for a Purpose, an initiative that allows travelers like you to make a lasting impact in the community at your travel destination.